INDEPENDENT BICYCLE TOURING FROM VIENNA TO PRAGUE In 7 Days
From € 972 per person (group 9-14 pax)
This spectacular trip takes you to all the best between Vienna and Prague. You will explore the Podyji National Park and touch the fence of the Iron Curtain, visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Lednice / Valtice, Telč, Český Krumlov and Holašovice and the unique fish ponds of the Třeboň region in Southern Bohemia. What else? Typical Moravian and Bohemian cuisine, nice local wines and excellent pilsners. And if you plan your trip at the time of festivals, you can sink deep into the real Czech experience. Tell us your wishes and we will prepare the itinerary in line with your requirements.
- Start anytime between 2017/05/09 and 2017/09/30
- For 1-14 cyclists at a moderate difficulty level
- 20 - 45 miles daily; especially suitable for independent cyclists
- 7-Day basic itinerary, but people love also days off - just to relax in beautiful renaissance cities, to visit food and folklore festivals, to sample nice wines in age-old cellars, to sip pilsners brewed in small breweries; no problem, just tell us when making your reservation
- Quality trekking bikes
- Original military topographic maps 1:50 000 and stone-by-stone itinerary and/or a map/itinerary OFFLINE APP for your phone PLUS Czech cell phone
- Permanent mobile phone support
- True Stories about History, Culture, and Gastronomy for every couple or single traveller - A guide to places you go through plus a guide to specially selected restaurants and pubs personally checked and loved by us; exclusive edition for our clients, cannot be bought separately
- Overnights in specially selected boutique mostly **** hotels with buffet breakfasts
- Transfers from Vienna to the starting point of the tour and from the end point to Prague using our van.
€ 1143 per person (2 - 3 pax); groups of 4-7 pax get discount 10%; groups of 9-14 pax get discount 15%ALL PRICES PER PERSON BASED ON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY; SINGLE ROOM SUPPLEMENT € 400, SINGLE TRAVELLER SUPPLEMENT 13%
DAY BY DAY
Day 0 - Stay in Vienna per your preferences and individual time plan.
Day 1 - Transfer from Vienna, setting bikes and then pedalling through the expansive chateau grounds and parklands of Valtice and Lednice (UNESCO World Heritage Sites). Then cycling to Mikulov, a Renaissance town in the heart of wine country at the foot of the Palava Hills (UNESCO Biosphere Reserve).
Day 2 - Morning transfer by train to the mediaeval Znojmo with its wine cellars, churches and the Romanesque rotunda, decorated with unique frescos inside, reminiscent of the early Slavs. The trip continues through the Podyji National Park with the ancient Sobes vineyard, along the picturesque meanderings of the Dyje (Thaya) River, a border area between the Czech Republic and Austria. Finally, it goes along remains of the Iron Curtain to Vranov.
Day 3 - The day starts in Vranov and the itinerary takes you to Slavonice and Telč (UNESCO World Heritage Sites).
Day 4 - Today you go from Telč to Jindřichův Hradec. Maybe you love steam trains - so there is a chance to take the narrow gauge train instead of pedalling.
Day 5 - Gentle cycling down to the fishponds around the renaissance town of Trebon (UNESCO Biosphere Reserve).
Day 6 - The itinerary leads traveller among meadows and forests to the world-renowned mediaeval town of Cesky Krumlov (UNESCO Heritage Site) situated along the Vltava (Moldau) River.
Day 7 - Have a cup of coffee in charming Krumlov and then set out for a trip through the picturesque rolling countryside to Holasovice, a unique village built in "baroque folk" style (UNESCO World Heritage Site). Return bikes, transfer to Prague and bye-bye.
Too short? Too fast? Special wishes? Missing details? No problem, contact us right now.
Note: This indicative itinerary might be changed according to the actual situation without prior notice.
WHAT CAN BE ORDERED
Economic variant using ** and *** guesthouses
DON'T FORGET - BEFORE YOU GO
We have some really useful information for you before you go. Just CLICK HERE.