COMFORTABLE BIKING FROM VIENNA TO PRAGUE (Without Backpacks) in 5 or 7 Days
From € 920 per person (group 9-14 pax)
This BEST SELLER takes you to explore the best between Vienna and Prague. You´ll explore the Podyji National Park and touch the fence of the Iron Curtain, visit UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Lednice / Valtice, Telč, Český Krumlov and Holašovice and the unique fish ponds of the Třeboň region in Southern Bohemia. What else? Typical Moravian and Bohemian cuisine, nice local wines and excellent pilsners. Food and/or folklore festivals are a regular part of scheduled tours, but if you want to add them to your non-scheduled tour, just tell us and we tailor the programme in line with your needs.
- Start anytime between 2018/05/09 and 2018/09/30;
- For 1-14 cyclists at moderate difficulty level;
- 17 - 38 miles daily (permanent van support is a part of the package, therefore daily itinerary can be shortened or extended according to current weather and condition or mood of travellers);
- 5-Day basic itinerary, but people love days off just to relax in beautiful renaissance cities, to visit food and folklore festival, to sample nice wines in age-old cellars, to sip pilsners brewed in small breweries; no problem, just tell us when making your reservation; we tailor the tour exactly to your needs;
- Quality trekking bikes ;
- All transfers between Vienna and Prague using our van, a part of our permanent vehicle support;
- True Stories about History, Culture and Gastronomy for every traveller - A guide to places you go through plus a guide to specially selected restaurants and pubs personally checked and loved by us; exclusive for our clients, cannot be bought separately;
- Overnights in boutique, preferably **** hotels with buffet breakfasts;
- SELF-GUIDED TOURS - original military topographic maps 1:50 000 PLUS stone-by-stone itinerary and/or a map/itinerary OFFLINE APP for your phone PLUS Czech cell phone;
- GUIDED TOURS - bilingual tour guide.
PRICES NON-SCHEDULED TOURS 2018
- 5-Day Self-guided Tour: € 1082 per person (2 - 3 pax); groups of 4-7 pax get discount 10%; groups of 9-14 pax get discount 15% ALL PRICES PER PERSON BASED ON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY; SINGLE ROOM SUPPLEMENT € 300, SINGLE TRAVELLER SUPPLEMENT 13%;
- 5-Day Guided Tour: € 1370 per person (2 - 3 pax); groups of 4-7 pax get discount 10%; groups of 8-14 pax get discount 15% ALL PRICES PER PERSON BASED ON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY; SINGLE ROOM SUPPLEMENT € 300; MINIMUM IS TWO TRAVELLERS;
DAY BY DAY (all tours)
Day 0 - Stay in Vienna as per your preferences and individual time plan.
Day 1 - Transfer from Vienna (and/or Prague, if you are already there) and visit to the expansive chateau grounds and parklands of Valtice and Lednice (UNESCO World Heritage Sites). Then cycling to Mikulov, a Renaissance town in the heart of wine country at the foot of the Palava Hills (UNESCO Biosphere Reserve).
Day 2 - A short morning tour around the mediaeval town centre of Znojmo with its wine shops, churches, and the Romanesque rotunda, decorated with unique frescos inside, reminiscent of the early Slavs. Then cycling through the Podyji National Park and the ancient Sobes vineyard, along with the picturesque meanderings of the Dyje (Thaya) River, a border area between the Czech Republic and Austria, until you reach the remains of the Iron Curtain.
Day 3 - Open eyes - you are in renaissance Telc (UNESCO World Heritage Sites). A short stop in Slavonice, another renaissance gem and biking down to the fishponds around the renaissance town of Trebon (UNESCO Biosphere Reserve).
Day 4 - Gentle cycling through meadows and forests to the world-renowned mediaeval town of Cesky Krumlov situated along the Vltava (Moldau) River (UNESCO Heritage Site).
Day 5 - Have a cup of coffee in one of the many charming restaurants and then set out for a trip through the picturesque rolling countryside to Holasovice, a unique village built in "baroque folk" style (UNESCO World Heritage Site). From here transfer to Prague; stay in Prague as per your individual plans.
Day X1, X2 - Days for a festival if it is a part of the tour.
Too short? Too fast? Special wishes? Missing details? No problem, contact us right now.
Note: This indicative itinerary might be changed according to the current situation without prior notice.
WHAT CAN BE ORDERED
- Economic variant using ** and *** guesthouses
DON'T FORGET - BEFORE YOU GO
We have some really useful information for you before you go. Just click here.